TIPS OF SAVE WATER
- Do not leave the taps running while brushing teeth, shaving, washing dishes and clothes.
- Do not use a hose to wash your car. Using half a bucket of water and a wash cloth will clean your car better.
- Check household faucets for leaks.
- Just think, 15 drips per minute add up to almost 3 gallons of water wasted per day, 65 gallons wasted per month, and 788 gallons wated per year!
- Choose new water savine applications like washing machines that save up to 90 litres per load. Run your machine only when there is a full load.
- Use water efficient showerhead.
- Install high efficiency toilets that use 7.28 ltr. or less per flush. Residential 7.28 ltr toilets reduce toilet water use by 23-46%.
- Drop the tissue in the trash instead of flusshing it and save litres every time.
- Use a broom to sweep your driveway, garage, or sidewalk instead of using water.
- water your lawn only when needed. Use sprinklers.
- Collect and use rain water for watering your gardens.
- Direct downpours or gutters towards shrubs or trees.
- Clean and maintain rain water harvestingl structures.
- Encourage your friends and neighbours to be part of a water conscious community.
Last Updated Date :- 19-03-2018
Page last updated on: 19-08-2019